Friday, January 16, 2009

Thing 12

Productivity anywhere you have a browser
I looked through several of the Web 2.0 tools.  As soon as I saw Library Thing, I joined and started a book list.  Way cool.  I'm embarrassed to say that I keep an old fashioned book journal that I bought at the public library to record what books I read.  This is a neat tool to keep track of what I read.  I can rate the books, see the book cover and get a review.  You can catalog your own collection, too.  I'm a librarian so it's really up my alley!  It says that you can add your list to your blog so I tried to do that but I couldn't find a widget button on Blogger.  I know I have widgets on a word press blog that we're making at school so maybe I'll just put a book list on that blog.
I could use this tool at school, too, by making a list of new titles.
I also checked out Knowtes which makes up flash cards.  I'm a Spanish major so I thought that would be really cool for a language teacher.  Kids would love it and they'd be learning new vocabulary while having fun.
Thanks for the big web 2.0 tool list as I'll be checking more of them out as time goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I started with Library Thing, but have migrated to Shelfari - Library Thing was free up to 200 books(which I've surpassed), but Shelfari is free. You might want to check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete